Wednesday, September 9, 2009

:)

Olivia=Not breech
:)

The doctor checked that my cervix was still high so she figured that the baby was still breech (I guess this means I'm still at a 1 and 75% effaced. She didn't really check. :/ ).
Then the ultrasound determined... head down baby!
The doctor and I were definitely surprised.

This is what I did:

  • Swimming
  • knee to chest- get into a knee to chest position and hold it for 5-10 minutes to help the baby move up and out of the pelvis.
  • breech tilts- lie on your back with your hips elevated 12" (use pillows) and your hips and knees flexed and gently roll 180 degrees from side to side for 15 minutes.
  • lay with hips ... elevated- about 12 inches above your head. this prevents the baby's head from engagin and allows them to turn. It also help to massage your belly in a circular motion, very gently, to encourage the baby to turn.
  • music- i put ipod ear buds near my pelvic bone. she listened to some secondhand serenade. she could not resist drifting down to hear his beautiful voice.

I told N about her turning and he's like, "She turned by herself?"
I said, "Well.... I may have influenced."
I then told him now that she's head down that he can help me induce labor by giving me a foot rub and hitting some of the pressure points in my foot to get her to drop. Ha, right.

Thanks for all the prayers and fasting!
Bless your hearts!
Well, I need to go find a trampoline.
BAHA. :)

D&V are doing a contest to guess the time and date of Olivia's birth.
Also, her weight and her height.
They're doing prizes. I'll just do it for fun. Sorry, I'll motivate you all to guess by rewarding you with blessings!
My due date is September 24th!

9 comments:

  1. GREAT!! The exercises you got sure worked. Glad everything is turning out fine for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for her not being breech!! That's great news!

    And for the contest, I'm going to say September 12th, 2 a.m., 7 lb's 2 oz (is that how you do weight in the States?) and 19.5 inches. WOW that was the randomest guess in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the site I got the acupressure points from: http://www.ehow.com/how_2070244_induce-labor-acupressure.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YAAAYY! I'm so glad she's head down! I knew she could do it! :)

    I guess September 16th, 7 lbs. 8 oz, 20 inches long.

    ~Brittany
    from Que & Brittany's Adoption Journal
    (Sorry, I'm signed in on my other blog ID)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you didn't do the clothespin-on-your-toe method for turning Olivia around. It sounded so fun!

    We're so glad she turned though (7 hours left for Olivia to be born today and win me the prize!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY YAY YAY! I'm so glad to hear this...hmm my guess...

    Not that I want you to wait THAT much longer BUT...I say Sept 17th. Hey that is only a week from tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh me oh my! This makes me SO happy. Thank you little Olivia. Thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one determined lady; you set your mind to helping Olivia turn and she did!! You are amazing. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete