Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Year

Happy birthday miss Olivia!

I will never forget the day that I brought you into this world. It was such a spiritual experience and I never felt so much love for one little human and she was in my arms. It seemed like
looking back such a short time. But I could've held her forever. After she was born, I didn't want to pass her around. I wanted to look at her and admire her cute little face and see what traits of mine that she had. Listen to all these new sounds of a baby cries and sighs. I wanted to memorize her little schedule even though I only held her for two days. The best two days of my life with this little spirit. How could I ever forget? She changed me for the better and is my biggest inspiration. Without her, I wouldn't be who I am. A much stronger, better person. I am for her and I hope to make her proud someday.

I love you, Olivia.

You grew so much in so little time. One year seemed like it was never going to get here and it's here. The one year that I've watched you grow and develop into a beautiful little girl. I can't wait for the years to come to see you start talking, having an imagination, going to the first day of school, so many life experiences and I'm so lucky and grateful to still see all of this happen. It may not be right infront of my eyes. But I'm your biggest fan and did what I felt was best for you. I hope you'll understand the sacrifice not just of placement but of this year, it has been a struggle not having you in my life as my daughter but it's been such a blessing to have you as
my birthdaughter. Quoting what one of your aunts said tonight, you have to be one special spirit to have so many people love you.

You're my everything and the best birthdaughter anyone could ever ask for. Thanks for sharing today with me :)
You're going to be the most beautiful flower girl tomorrow!



One year of miss Olivia Kate:


Birth
9/23/2009 9:36 PM

1 month


2 months


3 months


4 months


5 months


6 months


7 months


8 months


9 months


10 months

11 months


One year

Just like last year, I won't be getting a lot of sleep tonight. But instead of being up with a baby all night. It's because I'm getting married in less than 24 hours. Such a change from last year but a good one. Tayler is the love of my life and I can't wait to marry him :) :) I've been waiting for this for a good 7 months. I'll see y'all when I get back. I may possibly have one post while I'm on the honeymoon. Much needed vacay.

8 comments:

  1. Hi,I don't know if you remember me commenting a while ago, just wanted to send massive congratulations to you on your wedding day =D i know i don't know you, but having found your blog by chance, it's been a really inspiring read.
    Olivia is gorgeous and the fact that Tayler has come along just goes to show that things happen for a reason and God will make sure everything comes out just fine. you deserve every happiness, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Miss Olivia!! She's sooo cute!
    Happy Wedding to you and Tayler, have an awesome day and an amazing honeymoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely AMAZING!! That post summed up for me the beauty of adoption and that it truly is not about "giving up" it is about "giving more"...Olivia is such a lucky little girl to have so many people love her and what a great example you are and will continue to be for her! I wish you the very best today, enjoy the day, take in every moment and take time for you!! Have a great honeymoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so weird how one year comes and goes! She is so beautiful! I am so excited for you and Tayler! Have a wonderful day and a wonderful honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best post ever. Wow. Holy cow, look at everything amazing that happened in just ONE year! Gives me hope.

    Can't wait to hear all of the details of your wedding and special time away. Can't wait to see pics of you with Olivia, too.

    I'm so thrilled for you, Stef. I know Jessica is looking down at your beautiful self, too, right now.

    Bless you and Tayler and the life you are beginning together!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and Tayler. I wish you the very best in your upcoming wedding. I loved the pictures of Olivia. She is a very beautiful girl with a beautiful birth mom to follow. I have really enjoyed your blog. I hope your wedding is wonderful. Have a great day today and take care. Your next post will be as a married woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful. Can't believe it's been a year. Hope your Honeymoon Rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Felt like one of the fastest years of my life. It really seems like just yesterday we were flying back from Utah and getting settled into our apartment with tiny newborn Olivia.

    Pretty pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete