Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sealing

Olivia was sealed yesterday to her family. (July 23, 2010)

I will let you know the events of the day. It was a pretty good day. I drove to Salt Lake. And I got there around 3:30. And we walked around on the Temple grounds. I went inside the North visitors center. Then I went into the South to see the big Salt Lake Temple replica that they just built. That was really cool. You know. It was a very surreal moment. To just walk around and think, "They're in there. I was told that they would probably get out around 4.

On my way over to the waiting rooms, we were still in the South building. It was probably close to 4 and I got this overwhelming feeling and all of these chills. I was thinking about RuthAnn had told me while I was pregnant.


I was thinking, "What does this all mean? That she spiritually wasn't mine anymore?" Ha. I had no idea but I just wanted to break down and cry. But I stayed pretty strong throughout the day.

My older sister, RuthAnn, and my parents were able to be in the Temple with them. RuthAnn isn't one to get emotional about anything, really. She pulled me away for just a minute while Tayler talked to my dad and Dustinn's dad. We were all just waiting for D and V to come out. RuthAnn started off saying, "I just wanted to tell you this part about the sealing. And it made me think of you." She took a minute to collect her thoughts and her eyes were swelling up with tears. As were mine. And she began again, "At first, she was sort of fussy and got overwhelmed with everyone in the room and was hyperventilating that she didn't know all of these people. They placed her on the altar and then the rest of the time she was fine. Me, mom, and dad were sitting on one side of the room and D&V had their backs to us. While D was holding Olivia. Olivia was peeping over her shoulder and she stared at me, mom, and dad. She really looked at me for a long time. And for some reason, it really made me think of you. It made me think that she knew what was happening."

I'm just getting emotional just typing all of that. It's such an amazing, peaceful feeling. V and I joke how the blessing... well, not the actual blessing itself but the day was just sort of a wreck. But this redeemed it.

While waiting, RuthAnn wanted to test out her new camera.


This older couple came out. The husband was looking really closely into RuthAnn's lense. And the wife stood in front of me and was telling her husband to get in the picture to add some class. Apparently, I'm not classy enough. Hahaha. Seriously. So funny.

We took that above picture and then I saw Polly (Val's sister) carrying Olivia and she brought her right to me. Olivia was tired but as soon as she saw me she gave me a big smile. And she didn't seem too overwhelmed.

We had a short amount of time because V's whole family was going on a vacation to El Salvador. Including D,V,B&O. Here are some pictures from that day. V and D did a little photoshoot before the sealing (during the week) and this is on their blog.

On the way back to our car.  Walking around the Temple and sitting in the waiting room and seeing them all come out together, it was really one of the most spiritual experiences of my life.

Olivia 2 weeks old
Olivia 10 months old.

It's not exactly hard because I knew this day was going to happen. Whether I wanted it to or not. But trust me, I wanted it to happen. I am SO happy for them. I'm so grateful for this knowledge of the Gospel and knowing we can be sealed to each other not just in this life, but in the next. This all has changed my life so much. And a lot for the better. 
Congrats V, D, B & Olivia!!
I love you all so very much! Thank you for everything.

Yesterday, also marks Olivia being 10 months old.

Oh. BTW. I may be kind of space-y with the blog. I'm making my blog into a book! Just for myself to keep record of it all. I'm excited!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Stefanie you are so strong, I love this post! The pictures of you and Olivia are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it went so well! I love the pictures. In the one of your kissing Olivia, she is making a face that you used to make as a kid. At least, from what I remember. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stef! I Love all those pictures!! :D And Thanks for posting the link from Valery's Blog! Those are adorable!! :D Olivia is a darling baby! She looks so happy and very blessed! :D Love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I took the Quote about Physically providing the body wrong because I very much so disagree. I feel that we were so very very close to these little people way before we ever came to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stefanie, I got chills and totally started bawling listening to what your sister said. You are amazing! What a bittersweet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some really great pictures that capture that day! What a glorious day for you to all share in! Btw, great idea about making your blog into a book! How are you going to do it? Not that mine is all that fantastic, but I would like to be able to have record of stuff I have posted too, so I'd be interested to hear how you're doing it. And...YAY!!! Only 2 more months, how EXCITING!!! I'm happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bree. Sorry if the quote was taken the wrong way. But that brought me comfort while I was pregnant. I don't deny that if we did or didn't have a relationship with our birthchild in the previous life or in the life to come. But I have always just strongly felt that my daughter always belonged to d&v even in the pre existence. I don't know if that makes sense. Just that she was supposed to be in their family but not in the most idealistic way the world views.

    @valerie. I'm using booksmart/blurb. :)

    And thank you everyone. It was a really comforting, peaceful, beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete