Friday, July 2, 2010

Songs That Have Meaning

Have you ever just listened to a song and you're like, oh yeah. That TOTALLY applies to me right now. And it can mean something completely different. There are two songs that I have in my mind right now that I'll tell you about. One is about adoption. One is about Jessica.

I can't get the videos to work from youtube. So... you'll need to search them.

Adoption song:

I listened to this song when I was pregnant. I'll just pick at the lyrics and I'll tell you what they mean to me.

Two Worlds Collide- Demi Lovato

She was given the world
so much that she couldn't see
And she needed someone
To show her who she could be
And she tried to survive
Wearing her heart on her sleeve
But I needed you to believe

This part reminds me of when I needed Nic I guess. I hate saying that now but in the moment I did. And when I needed to tell him that I was pregnant I just let it all out hoping that he would believe me and believe what we needed to do together. And this is the outcome.

You had your dreams, I had mine
You had your fears, I was fine.
Showed me what I couldn't find
When two different worlds collide.

This part of the song I believe can be played out in two different ways. One way of an adoptive mom. Given a role of being a mother but not being able to be one and a birthmom comes along and is able to give that to her. Another perspective could be a birthmom trying her hardest to be a single mom but afraid of not being able to find the right family and then finding the right ones.

She was scared of it all
Watching from far away
She was given a role
Never knew just when to play
And she tried to survive
Living a life on her own
Always afraid of the throne
But you've given me strength to find hope

Of course, this part of the chorus meant to me that telling D&V that they will be the parents. They had their dreams of being a parent and so did I (or what I wanted in the adoption). They had their fears I could back out but I knew that this is what I wanted to do. They showed me what it meant to be a family and that's what I needed to find for my daughter. And it's the world of an adoptive couple and birth parents colliding.

You had your dreams, I had mine.
You had your fears, I was fine.
You showed me what I couldn't find
When two different worlds collide.

This part always brought me to tears when I was pregnant.

She was scared.
Unprepared.
Lost in the dark
Falling apart
I can survive
With you by my side
We're gonna be all right
(We're gonna be all right)
This is what happens when two worlds collide.

I did survive. And I can survive knowing that my little Olivia is being taken care of and that I know D&V will always be by my side supporting me. It's not that they don't have to talk to me anymore because they got what they wanted. I was a big help in helping create their eternal family and it's an extreme blessing knowing that I was apart of that for them.


Jessica's song:

This song has been on the radio and just the chorus really stood out to me. Sometimes I just want to break out into tears when I hear the song. I hear her just kind of saying that to someone if she were still here or if she were to come back.




Impossible by Shontelle

I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did, I did

You are strong and I was not
My illusion, My mistake
I was careless, I forgot
I did, I did

And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
You have gone and so effortlessly
You have won
You can go ahead and tell them

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the skyline
All we had was gone now

Tell them I was happy
And my heart was broken
And my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible

Falling out of love is hard
Falling for betrayal is worst
Broken trust and broken hearts
I know, I know

Thinking all you need is there
Building faith on love and words
Empty promises will wear
I know, I know

And now when all is gone
There is nothing to say
And if you're done embarrasing me
On your own you can go ahead and tell them


Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the skyline
All we had was gone now

Tell them I was happy
And my heart was broken
And my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible

I love music :) I could just listen to it for hours. I'm trying to make a wedding playlist. I found the song that I'm going to use while walking down the aisle. I think it's SUPER cute.

Hung the Moon by Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

P.S. I don't know those people in this video. I just like the song :)

If you all know of any songs that I should add to my wedding playlist that I don't have. Let me know. :)

It's all mostly just love songs. Duh. Ha. Fast or slow. Old or new. Whatever.

BYE!

2 comments:

  1. I love music,those are beautiful songs! thank you for sharing. I have a girlfriend that I grew up with and she I use to communicate through songs. I would send her one or dedicate it to her on the radio and she did the same thing back. To this day she will call and ask me what song expresses whatever it is she is feeling. Music can reach your very soul! :)
    I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one song that meant a lot to me during my wedding and it was Annie's Song by John Denver. It not only explained the way I felt about my husband, but about my family and thier support of our marriage. It was also the song my mom wanted to walk down the aisle to when she was marrying my dad (and I didn't find that out until after the wedding)

    ReplyDelete