Saturday, May 8, 2010

So many LINKS

Happy Birth Mother's Day!

Today is a pretty neat day. A year ago yesterday. I found out I was having a little girl. A year ago today, I announced to Dustinn and Val that they were going to be the parents to little miss Olivia. I'm glad that it happened all right around Mother's Day.

I went to the Adoption Awareness Walk today at Provo High School. My mommy went with me :) And I got to meet new people (Lindsey from the R house) and see friends I hadn't seen in a while. Adoption is amazing. And of course, I got to meet Cosmo the BYU Cougar! Go Utes!

We're all wearing the same T's. Alyssa made them. It's for the American Fork agency for birth moms. This is the blog. Design. Over your heart it says, "Love." The back says, "The Sisterhood of the Maternity Pants". The bottom is the blog link. And on your sleeve (which Alyssa is sporting in this picture) you can write the name of your angel (birth child or birth mom). Lindsey gave us the idea to make an etsy shop for the t-shirts. They're 5 dollars.


I went to a friend's bachelorette party last night. Oh my heck. It made me SO excited for my wedding and bachelorette party!

After the walk, me and my mom went to the mall and looked around and talked about wedding plans. I got a dress for little miss. Olivia will be a flower girl, of course! I got some sexy red heels for my bridal pictures. I also got a headband for my dress.

Recap:
I have my dress and veil.
Our reception will be at Wadley Farms in Lindon.
I'll be getting my wedding cake here. It'll look something like this.
This is my photographer.
Maroon, (Golden) Yellow, and Gray are my colors. Maroon will probably be the main color with gray and yellow accents.
Tayler will be wearing a tweed/plaid gray suit. Like this one.
Groomsmen- Gray suit.
Bridesmaid/MOH- Maroon dresses.
Probably yellow flowers for them.
Now we're just looking for a florist. Wadley Farms gave us some suggestions. Next Monday, Tayler will be coming into town so we can have a tour of the place and ask them questions about things. We will also be registering at some places. Probably Bed, Bath and Beyond. And either Target or Kohl's. :)
I'm also looking at some centerpiece ideas. I thought of doing like beta fish centerpieces. Is that too tacky or look too cheap? Let me know!
I'm also just looking for maroon flats for my wedding day. I'm not a heels person at all. But the photographer said it'd be good to wear some heels for the pictures.
It's SO crazy to see all of it coming together. It makes me more and more excited everyyyday.

So, the only thing is. I'm trying to look for bridesmaid dresses. Mostly styles. I'm having someone make the dresses. So keep your eyes out on some really cute, 2010 bridesmaid dresses. It'll be summer so knee length is what I'm kind of looking for and modest.

Any ideas or help or info that you have.
I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
I'll know more reception stuff once I do the tour at Wadley.
Such as music/dance floor/tables/decorations. Whatevs.

September 24th is our wedding day. The day after Olivia's birthday!
139 more days until I'm Mrs. Stefanie Despain :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got everything going on track! I registered at Target and I will not be doing it again. They would not take ANYTHING back without a receipt and not very many people gave us receipts. Also, I would reccommend making a list of things you want to register for and that way you don't go registering for the same thing multiple times. When do you go to the temple for your endowment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually getting married at Wadley Farms and being sealed in a year. It was recommended by the bishop to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birth Mother's Day Stefanie! I hope you have a great weekend... your wedding plans look beautiful! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! The dress Olivia will be wearing is adorable. Your wedding dress and cake are absolutely beautiful. I'm happy to hear that everything is coming together so nicely already. :-) The beta fish center pieces actually sound very unique...I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These links are to some cute bridesmaid dresses, hope you enjoy! Also, Sept. 24th is a great day to be married, it is my parents wedding anniversary and they will be married for 39 years this year! Good luck and God Bless!


    http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=842

    http://www.aformalchoice.com/images/TM1524.jpg

    http://www.tjformal.com/572959/products/Landa-Modest-Bridesmaid-Dress-A018.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to come and be part of your wedding. :) It will be beautiful and I think it's very good that you chose to wait to get sealed in the temple given the circumstances.

    Have you considered doing boxes for your centerpieces? http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/07/17/friday-giveaway/ I'm not sure if it would be very inexpensive though.

    And I like this: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3056378?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=dresses:women:dress&cm_ite=donna_ricco_cross_front_satin_sheath_dress_(nordstrom_exclusive):271892&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=649B6B6C-5BB3-DE11-A7DF-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look what happens when I take a bloggy break! I was just checking in to tell you that I was going to go to the Provo High Adoption walk on Saturday but Que was helping his buddy move. Boo. I wanted to meet you! Maybe next year when you are Mrs. Despain! :)

    ReplyDelete