Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Birth Mother's Day!








Happy BirthMother's Day! Remember the selfless sacrifice that BMoms have done with all the capacity of their hearts and placing their angels for adoption. Remember who they are and the courageous souls they have. Thank them for giving the gift to someone to be a family the treasure they couldn't give themselves. Repost this if you or someone you know didn't give their child up but has given their child more.




Repost this via blog, facebook or twitter :)




Originially it said:
Happy Birth Mother's Day! Remember the self-less sacrifice that birth moms have given their children by putting them first and loving them with all the capacity in their hearts and place their angels for adoption. Remember who they are and the courageous souls they have. Thank them for giving the gift to someone to be a family, the treasure they couldn't give themselves. Repost this, if you or someone you know didn't give their child up but has given them more. I'm a proud birthmommy!


But it had too many characters to post as a facebook status :)




I think I have already written about Birthmother's day before. But that was my first one and I think I was bitter about the fact that we all couldn't be celebrated as Mother's on the same day. But my heart has been softening towards it, after a year. Mother's day is still really difficult for me.  I thought maybe that I could pull it off. But I knew I couldn't. I cried when someone announced they were pregnant at Church. How could I possibly be ready for Mother's day? Well, I'm a primary teacher and the Sunday before. They practice all of the Mother's day songs for the next Sunday. And I'm just bawling through all of the songs and just left. I don't have a little someone singing those songs to me, she's singing for the mother I gave her. I know it would probably be better for me to focus on my own Mother but I can't help but think, "I'm a mother." Which is stupid because I know I'm not. It's such an out of body experience for me to see her and to think, I gave birth to this little one and a half year old. I don't remember her growing up. I remember holding her in my arms, tears streaming down my face and kissing her forehead and wishing silently for another day as her mom.


I like what Brittany said on her blog, "Birthmother's day comes first, because you came first."


It's every birthmother's perosnal preference which day they want to celebrate "their" day. Birth Mother's day is always the day before Mother's Day. Happy BirthMother's day to you wonderful women! :)


Are you an adoptive parent and don't know what to do for birthmother's/mother's day for that special woman in your life? Check out this article. Or check out some sweet gifts here.









Two years ago today... I found out I was having a baby girl!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birth Mother's day to you! I like what you said, "if you or someone you know didn't give their child up but has given them more." Perfect! I am an adoptive mom and Mother's Day was always hard for me too. One Mother's day at church they were giving out potted plants & a little girl told me to make sure I got one...then another little girl said, "why does she get one? she is not a mom." that killed me! But Mother's day isn't about just mom's it is about celebrating woman and all that we are and can be one day! So lift your head high and celebrate both days! You are special, you have 2 days to celebrate instead of just one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph I am posting this on my facebook. We were in the same ward in Lehi. You were young and then our wards split and we moved to Texas. We adopted two beautiful children. This day has always been so sweet to me. It allows me to celebrate their birthmothers without having to be sad on Mother's day. So we honor them first because yes they were their first mothers and then we celebrate mothers day.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me SOB. You are a beautiful warrior. It doesn't make these two days any easier...but you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete